Archive for April, 2015

Chicago’s Sin Censura dot net Becomes Victim Of Cyber Attack

Hackers attempted to infiltrate the Sin Censura Internet page on Thursday. So far, an $18,896.84 discrepancy is showing in the Fiestas Patrias 2014 El Grito fiscal report.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

April 30, 2015

Chicago, WI – On Thursday, Vicente C. Serrano, the radio host for Sin Censura, a Spanish language news investigative program on 750 AM radio reported that the Sin Censura dot net page on the Internet had experienced a cyber attack and an attempt to hack it. Serrano said, that hackers attempted on early Thursday to take over the Sin Censura Internet news page, but had failed. The cyber attack has been reported to authorities, according to Serrano.
Currently, Serrano has gained recognition for his consistent manner to press for transparency from the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago to release totals of funds, if any that were provided by the Mexican government geared for the Grito Independence Day Celebration event in 2014. So far, the fiscal report from the Fiestas Patrias 2014 El Grito event under the direction and sponsorship of Mexican Consul Carlos Jiménez Macias in Chicago has not included the total amount it received from the Secretary of Foreign Affairs for the event.
Yesterday during the Sin Censura radio program, Serrano confirmed that more than $18,896.84 in discrepancy exists, including a pending sponsorship payment of $10K from the Walgreens Corp. and two transactions of $3.5K paid directly from a tourism source to Elemento L2 and a direct payment from Comcast to Elemento L2 of $5K, which were not included in the fiscal report tabulation released to Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) by former Fiestas Patrias Committee 2014 President Carlos Tortolero, who is the Director and Founder of the National Museum of Mexican Art whose no -profit status was used as the fiscal agent for the Mexican Consulate’s project to sponsor the Grito event.
Serrano says, that Omar López, a spokesman for the Fiestas Patrias Committee 2014 on January 30 confirmed that a contract between Elemento L2 who managed the Grito event and the Committee totaled $78,793.59, but the fiscal report released by Tortolero only reported it paid $59.896.75 to Elemento L2 and that the Committee still owed Elemento L2 $6K and it owed $2K for publicity to a service provider from the state of Guanajuato.
López claimed in an interview with Serrano that there was a long list of contributors that included local businesses, corporations and companies, but the fiscal report by the Fiestas Patrias 2014 doesn’t show that many contributors.
According to the fiscal report for Fiestas Patrias, the total donations received were $61,541,74 and the total disbursement was $60,777.83, with a remaining profit of $763.91.
The Fiestas Patrias fiscal report indicates it only made $61,541.74 in donations, but according to López the contract with Elemento L2 totaled $78,793.59, a negative or deficit of $17,251.85.
The Elemento L2 break down of the services it provided to the Fiestas Patrias 2014 to charge $78,793.59 was not included in the release of the fiscal report by Tortolero to HNNUSA.

Leave a comment

Missing Women Sought In Indiana And Utah

Two women have been reported missing, one in Indian and the other in Utah, both are of Mexican descent.

By H. Nelson Goodson
April 28, 2015

South Bend, Indiana – Police are looking for information leading to the whereabouts of Alma Angelica Del Real Galindo, 22, of South Bend, Indiana. She was last seen after leaving the Studio Rumbo 305 Club with a friend who dropped her home at Ewing Ave. around 3:30 a.m. on April 12. A $5,000 dollar reward had been offered for information leading to her whereabouts.
If you have any information concerning Del Real Galindo, South Bend police can be contacted at (574) 235- 9201 or Crime Stoppers 1 (800) 342-7867.
The second woman missing is Elizabeth Elena Luna Salgado, 26, of Provo, Utah. She was reported missing on April 16, 2015. She was last seen in the area of 500 West and Center Streets. Salgado was learning English at the Nome Global School and had left the school when she went missing. Any information leading to her whereabouts, people can contact Provo police at 801-852-7307.

Leave a comment

Chicago Mexican Consulate Workers Get Mediator To Help Settle $350K Defamation Scandal

Two Mexican Consulate staff workers prolonging blunder by a Chicago law firm and getting a religious mediator to pursue remedy of the latest transparency and alleged extortion scandal. Free word of advice, both Alfonso Rosas Joule and Ricardo Duran Peña should just fire Ancel Glink for their recent letter and blunder, forget about a defamation lawsuit or collecting $350K, provide transparency and move on.

By H. Nelson Goodson
April 28, 2015

Chicago, IL – On Tuesday, Father Marco A. Mercado told Vicente C. Serrano, the radio host for Sin Censura a Spanish language program that he will be representing two Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago staff workers in a dispute over a retraction/settlement who seek $350K for damages in a defamation allegation and threat to file a lawsuit against Adolfo Vega, owner of La Bodega, Ltd. and Sin Censura. According to Catholic Priest Mercado who is based at the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Chicago and member of the Fiestas Patrias Committee 2014 during the Sin Censura program stated, that he is now the mediator for Alfonso Rosas Joule and Ricardo Duran Peña, two Mexican Consulate workers. Mercado told Serrano that a pending defamation lawsuit filing has been suspended pending the outcome of the mediation between all parties involved.
Father Mercado wouldn’t say who approached him to become a mediator, but told Serrano that it was just a “misunderstanding” between Joule, Peña and Vega. Fr. Mercado did not say what the end result of the current scandal with the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago and two of its workers would be.
A letter dated March 11 from Ancel Glink, a law firm indicated that it represented the Mexican Consulate, Joule and Peña. After the Ancel Glink letter was publicly released, Mexican Consul Carlos Jiménez Macias denied that the law firm represented the Consulate, but said that it only represented Joule and Peña. Joule and Peña were actually working for Consul Jiménez Macias during Consulate working hours while calling businesses in Chicago to get donations for the Grito event in 2014.
In the Ancel Glink letter threatening to file a lawsuit for defamation, it specifically asked for $350K in damages, if paid by Vega and Serrano, the lawsuit would not be filed.
Some Mexican nationals who became aware of the scandal through the Sin Censura radio program alleged that Joule and Peña were just trying to extort Vega and Serrano out of $350K.
The whole Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago alleged extortion and scandal resulted out of a request for transparency in September 2014 by Mexican nationals and Serrano in Chicago.
When contacted on Tuesday afternoon, Father Mercado would only state, “I am acting as mediator between both parties. I am hoping for the best, but so far no change has been made in regards to the lawyers. The litigations still up to both parties if they decided to continue or not. The fiscal report is the same that you may have.”
Father Mercado’s role as mediator was short lived, he later stated, “It is with great sadness that I inform you that my role as mediator failed. At this point is up to them how to proceed with this dispute.”
In this case many legal questions have been raised and Joule, including Peña could be accused of conspiring to commit tax fraud by suggesting for Vega to donate funds to a non-profit organization, but the funds would be funneled to the Fiestas Patrias instead of claiming they were donated to the National Museum of Mexican Art.
If Joule and Peña are serious about trying to resolve their present dilema over the current scandal that has now been reported in Mexico, they don’t need a mediator to actually prolong their dilema any further or to dig the hole any deeper. All they have to do is to fired Attorney Pedro Fregoso Jr. and the Ancel Glink law firm for their blunder in writing the letter to Vega exposing the intend of the Mexican Consulate in Chicago and its two workers attempting to collect $350K for their own personal benefit.
Last Thursday, Sin Censura reported, that the Ancel Glink law firm had retracted a retraction/settlement letter sent out by Attorney Fregoso on behalf of the General Consulate of Mexico in Chicago asking $350,000 in settlement for damages. Attorney Fregoso accused Vega of recorded a conversation of several Mexican Consulate workers who were requesting donations for the Grito event in 2014. Vega released the telephone recorded conversations to Serrano who then aired it in his program last September 2014. In the conversation, Consulate staff worker Joule attempts to get Vega to donate funds to the Grito event by suggesting Vega to commit fraud by making the funds directly to the National Museum of Mexican Art and then its Director Carlos Tortolero, the former President of the Fiestas Patrias would give him a receipt showing that he donated funds to the museum, which is non-proft. Tortolero would then apply those funds directly to the Fiestas Patrias, which the Consulate would benefit and Vega could claim on his federal taxes that he donated funds to the non-profit museum instead to Fiesta Patrias, so he could get a tax credit.
What the Consulate staff workers were doing is actually illegal under U.S. federal law and the Consulate workers could be facing federal charges for conspiracy to commit federal income tax fraud while representing a foreign government. Both of the Consulate workers could be facing deportation as well, if charged and convicted for trying to commit fraud in the U.S.
Vega was accused by the Consulate workers of recording their conversation illegally under the Illinois Eavesdropping Act. But the Eavesdropping Act does not apply, if a crime was being committed and if the Consulate workers made those calls from the Mexican Consulate in Chicago on behalf Consul Carlos Jiménez Macias.
The whole General Consulate of Mexico in Chicago debacle and scandal began last year after Mexican nationals and Serrano requested for Consul Jiménez Macias to release El Grito event funds that were provided by the Mexican government. Consul Jiménez Macias has refused.
Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) was able to confirm, that Tortolero never received any funds from the inappropriate actions by the Consulate staff workers. Tortolero released the Fiestas Patrias fiscal report to HNNUSA and no entry was made to show the total amount that the Mexican government gave the Consulate. Tortolero says, that he doesn’t know how much the Consulate received from the Mexican government. The Mexican Consulate in Chicago generates more than $5M per year from Mexican nationals for services.
HNNUSA first posted the Fiestas Patrias fiscal report and the three page letter from Attorney Fregoso. The HNNUSA posting went viral and people, includong organizations began to criticize the Ancel Glink law firm for trying to get Vega and Serrano to pay $350,000 to keep Fregoso from filing a dafamation lawsuit on behalf of the General Consulate of Mexico in Chicago.
Now, the law firm of Ancel Glink is saying, that it is representing both of the Mexican Consulate workers instead of the General Consulate of Mexico in Chicago, according to Serrano.
In 2014, two Consulate workers, Alfonso Rosas Joule, in charge of Community Organizations for the Consulate and Ricardo Duran Peña, the Consulate Office Coordinator were requesting up to $10,000 of sponsorships for the Grito event on behalf of Consul General Jiménez Macias.
HNNUSA has made numerous attempts to contact Attorney Fregoso and Consul Jiménez Macias about the dafamation and eavesdropping debacle and latest scandal, but they have not responded.

Humberto Martínez Pelayo, the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago administrator in 2014 sent out sponsorship packages for the Grito event from $1,000 to $15,000. It is not known, if any of those packages were sold by Pelayo in the guise of a donation in 2014.

Editors note:

Vicente C. Serrano from Sin Censura Radio program has announced that on Wednesday, May 6, 2015, a major protest calling for transparency of all events and El Grito 2014 sponsored by the Mexican Consulate will take place in front of the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago beginning at 11:00 a.m., 204 S. Ashland Ave. People are invited to attend to participate and call on Consul Carlos Jiménez Macias to release information about how much funds the Mexican government gave the Consulate for the Grito event.

Leave a comment

State of Emergency Declared In Baltimore As Multiple Fires Spread In A Four Block Radius

Firefighters are trying to control four fires within a four block area after chaos, looting, vandalism and destruction of property was reported shortly after the Freddie Gray funeral earlier in the day.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

April 27, 2015

Baltimore, Maryland – On Monday, Maryland Governor Larry Hogan (R) declared a State of Emergency in Baltimore, shortly after Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake declared a State of Emergency for the city and set a curfew beginning on Tuesday from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Governor Hogan confirmed that at least 4,000 guardsman have been activated and placed on standby, 80 state troopers have joined Baltimore police after looters, vandals, thugs and gangs engaged in destructive chaos after the Freddie Gray funeral earlier today.
A CVS drug store was looted and then set on fire. A Check Cashing Place was broken into and looted as well and a corner store near the North and Pennsylvania Avenues.
Firefighters later at night were trying to control four fires. A large fire began at a senior housing complex under construction. The foundation of a senior housing from a local Baptist Church was destroyed. Another fire ignited at a vacant warehouse about a block away and homes near the senior housing caught fire from the ambers.
Fifteen police officers have been reported injured and multiple vehicles have been set on fire near the North and Pennsylvania Avenues, according to police. Two dozen people have been arrested.
During a press conference, Governor Hogan and authorities confirmed that more than 1,500 law enforcement officers have been assigned to the Baltimore area to restore order. An additional 5,000 law enforcement officers from the adjacent states will join Baltimore police and State police in attempting to take control of the streets.The armed Maryland National Guard will be working with police and the State police. The guard will begin patrolling the streets on Monday night.
Governor Hogan said, that thugs, out of state agitators and local gangs had turned a peaceful protest into a riot and causing chaos in the city. The agitators have broken up into multiple groups and are causing vandalism, looting, crime and setting fires to businesses.

Baltimore mom beats son after she catches him throwing rocks at police and forces him to go home. https://youtu.be/VRlmCf1Kj2o

Since Monday, police reported 15 structure fires, 144 vehicle fires and 200 arrests.

Leave a comment

Victor Santiago Sentenced To 13 years In Prison For Hit-and-run Death

Santiago will do 8 years in prison and 5 years of supervision for the hit-and-run death of Alfred De la O. Silveira.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

April 27, 2015

Milwaukee, WI – On Monday, Victor Santiago, 50, was sentenced to 13 years in prison for the hit-and-run death of Alfred De la O. Silveira, 63, in late November of 2014. Santiago will serve 8 years in prison and 5 years supervision, according to court records.
Santiago struck Silveira while crossing the 900 block of S. César E. Chavez Drive in November.
Santiago failed to stop and he was later taken into custody after police located his vehicle. A small bag with 0.23 grams of cocaine was found in his possession, according to the criminal complaint.
Santiago’s blood-alcohol concentration was .187, more than twice the legal limit.

Leave a comment

Bustos Media Buys Back WDDW La GranD 104 FM From Adelante Media

La GranD 104 FM WDDW was bought by Bustos Media for $1M, according to the FCC.

By H. Nelson Goodson
April 27, 2015

West Allis, WI – According to a recent filing with the Federal Communications Commission, Bustos Media, LLC of Portland, Oregon has bought back WDDW 104 FM La GranD Spanish language station from Adelante Media Group, LLC for $1M. Bustos Media owns the property in West Allis where WDDW is located today.
In March, Adelante Media placed WDDW for bid and Bustos Media won the bidding.
Adelante Media from Salt Lake City, UT also sold Television Station LP-WBWT 38 to DTV America Corp. from Sunrise, Florida for $425K. WBWT is a Mundo Fox affiliate.
Bustos Media website is temperarily down.

Leave a comment

Transparency Protest At Consulate General Of Mexico In Chicago On May 6

Mexican nationals will hold a major protest to seek transparency from the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago.

By H. Nelson Goodson
April 27, 2015

Chicago, IL – A major protest to seek transparency from the Consulate General of Mexico in Chicago will be held on May 6, staring at 11:00 a.m. in front of the Consulate at 204 S. Ashland Ave., according to a united front of Mexican nationals. The Mexican Consulate in Chicago and Consul Carlos Jiménez Macias have been criticized for not reporting how much the Mexican government had provided in funds to the Consulate to sponsor El Grito event in 2014.
The latest transparency request has become another scandal for President Enrique Peña Nieto’s narco-government.

For more information: Pedro Fregoso Jr. Representing Mexican Consulate Big Blunder Over Alleged Retraction/Settlement Letter To Chicago Businessman http://bit.ly/1yYjB8y

Leave a comment