Liga Juvenil García Left Out In The Cold By St. Anthony’s H.S. Soccer Indoor Facility Director

St. Anthony’s High School Athletic Director Geittmann decides not to renew contract for the indoor facility use by the Liga Juvenil Garcia soccer league affecting over 1,000 teens.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 6, 2015

Milwaukee, WI – On Tuesday, Pablo García from the Liga Juvenil García claims that Brian Geittmann, the St. Anthony’s High School Athletic Director had confirmed on Friday that his contract to use an indoor sports center facility at 4807 S. 2nd St. would not be renewed. According to García, he and three other people had met with Geittmann about three weeks ago and had signed some papers after receiving a two page notice of an agreement for October 2 thru June 2016 and a schedule for the Liga Juvenil García, but Geittmann didn’t provide copies and García has been waiting for those signed copies of an alleged contract. Geittmann had requested for García to pay about $2,500 cash for the initial compliance of the contract and $2,500 per week for using the indoor facility for Sunday, Monday and Wednesdays, according to García.
García told Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) that his soccer league is the only one that pays by check and that Geittmann gets paid in cash by three other leagues as per his request. Last year, García paid a total of $56,000 for using the St. Anthony H.S. indoor facility for six months and three other leagues paid the same amount totalling at least $224,000.
Geittmann’s two page notice agreement indicates that each soccer league has to pay $40.00 per hour and García on Sunday’s used the facility from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In Geittmann’s two page agreement to terms for the use of the facility also gave noticed that he can terminate anyone from using the indoor facility “for any reason.”
García says that his league has over 1,000 teens of all ages including males and females that play soccer and their families also attend. So, in any giving game or practice at the facility, he has over 3,000 people in attendance. The other three leagues have between 600 to 700 teens participating as well.
García posted on his league’s Facebook page an obituary saying that the league has come to an end, its finish and more than 1,000 teens are left out in the cold.
José Vásquez, the new President of St. Anthony’s High School and Brian Geittmann, the Athletic Director were contacted for comment, but Vásquez admitted that a two page agreement notice was handed out to the soccer leagues and did not comment whether Geittmann had the signed contract copies that García claims he signed or whether Geittmann had been requesting for the soccer leagues to pay cash for rental fees at the indoor facility.
HNNUSA noticed that the agreement notice by Geittmann indicates that soccer league owners can pay him cash or by a cashier’s check.
St. Anthony High School is the largest Catholic charter school in Southeastern Wisconsin and in the Country for K-12.

St. Anthony’s agreement notice to soccer leagues

Leave a comment

Kidnapping Victim José Andrade Says Narco Ballad Singer Larry Hernández Threaten His Life

Kidnapping victim speaks out in Al Rojo Vivo/Telemundo about being beaten and his life threatened by narco ballad singer Larry Hernández.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 5, 2015

Newberry, South Carolina – José Andrade, who became a kidnapping and assault victim over a $30,000 dance performance debt speaks out in Al Rojo Vivo/Telemundo. According to a Newberry County criminal complaint, Andrade was a victim of a kidnapping and assault on August 16. He told Al Rojo Vivo that he is not a dance promoter and at no time did he hire Mexican narco ballad singer Larry Hernández to perform at a dance in Newberry. Andrade said that he was a victim and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Andrade identified Hernández as the person who had threatened his life twice while he was beaten and held against his will by Hernández, Jesús Ivan Solis and several other people who have not been identified.
Roberto Gomez was identified as the dance promoter that actually hired Larry Hernández to perform in Newberry. Gomez failed to pay Hernández the $30K. He told Univision that he would not confirm whether he paid Hernández in full or deny it. Andrade was Gomez’s chauffeur who was kidnapped and assaulted by Hernández and Solis.
Last Wednesday, Hernández, 38, waived extradition at a San Bernardino County Superior Court to face multiple felony charges in Newberry County, South Carolina.
Hernández was charged in Newberry County with kidnapping, assault and battery by mob beating in the 3rd-degree, according to a press release by the Newberry Police Department.
On September 25, Hernández was taken into custody at the Ontario Airport by authorities as he attempted to board a flight to Colorado. Hernández was booked in the San Bernardino County Jail and was held without bail at the West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga, California, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office.
Hernández was arrested in connection with the August 16 alleged kidnapping and beating of José Andrade from Newberry associated with Lisandro Velásquez, another dance promoter from Illinois. Andrade was the kidnapped victim and Velásquez was forced to get the rest of the money owed for the Hernández gig in Newberry.
According to the Newberry County District Attorney’s Office criminal complaint, Velásquez paid $14,000 of a $30,000 contract agreement to perform at a dance held at a skating rink. Velásquez couldn’t pay the remaining balance so members of the band with the knowledge of Hernández held an associate of Velásquez. Andrade was held against his will until the full payment was paid by Velásquez. Andrade was wrapped in plastic and beaten by band members. Police was able to get video surveillance footage from a hallway of the Hampton Inn where it showed Andrade being beaten as he was taken to a room by the suspects including Hernández. Andrade was able to escape after he was left alone in the room and notified Newberry police, according to the criminal complaint.
Jesús Evan Solis, 25, of Rio Grande, Texas was also charged with three felony counts for kidnapping, assault and battery by mob in the 3rd-degree along with Hernández. Solis was taken into custody on September 25 in Colorado and is being held without bail. Solis is expected to be extradited to S. Carolina to face charges as well. Solis and Hernández are accused of beating up the kidnapped victim.
Hernández originally from Los Angeles, gained his popularity in 2009 for depicting the Mexican drug cartel culture in his album that included 16 ballad songs of Narco songs. He won an award for the Mexican Regional Artist of the Year for 2012 Premio Lo Nuestro Awards. In 2010, he won the Latin Artist of the Year in the New category for the Latin Billboard Music Awards. In 2011, Hernández won Regional Mexican Airplay Artist of the Year and Regional Mexican Albums Artist of the Year for the Latin Billboard Music Awards.
Hernández is also the star of a reality show called Larrymania.

Leave a comment

César E. Chávez Full Size Bronze Statue Unveiling In Milwaukee Delayed Until 2016

The Chávez bronze statue to be unveiled in 2016 to coincide with César E. Chávez Birthday in 2016.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 4, 2015

Milwaukee, WI – On Sunday, Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) confirmed that the unveiling of the César E. Chávez full size bronze statue has been delayed until next year to coincide with Chávez Birthday, according Ivan Gamboa, President of the S. César E. Chávez Drive Business Improvement District BID #38. The unveiling of the Chávez bronze statue in the Southside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin was projected for this October, but will most likely be moved until next Spring, Gamboa confirmed.
Gamboa, President of (BID) #38 stated, “I am looking forward to the unveiling of the Cesar Chavez statue. You are correct the committee is considering moving the date of the unveiling. More than anything we know the significance of this and we want to make sure all the details are good. If we can’t make October we are considering waiting until Spring to coincide with Cesar Chavez Day.
“Source of funds are there. The fundraising was completed last Spring and the project is on budget.
“The committee just recently finalized the details of the base the statue would sit on.”
The projected cost for the Chávez bronze statue was $40,000 and the statue will be finished by the artist in November.
Ian B. Bautista, the Executive Director of Clarke Square also stated, “…we have delayed the unveiling because of a delay in the completion of the sculpture. We took a little extra time, as I’m sure the community would appreciate, to assure that Chavez’ face is a likeness that everyone will recognize and love. The artists are also busier this year than expected. We estimate that the sculpture will be done next month, but pending the weather, we’re likely to make sure we do the unveiling on a symbolic date in the Spring. We’ll keep you in the loop about developments as they occur. All of the money for the sculpture is in place – no issues there.”
The Chávez bronze statue will be placed at the 900 block of S. César E. Chávez Drive in the El Rey Super Market outdoor market place. The Chávez statue project is part of a three year FARM Project to promote small business economic growth in the 12th Aldermanic District that will include a rich cultural environment for tourists, a consumer retail, food and art base attraction to the heart of the Latino community.

Milwaukee will become the 8th location in the U.S. to unveil a Chávez life size bronze statue in the country.

Other Chávez lifesize bronze statue locations are:

● University of Texas – Austin

● Phoenix, Arizona

● San Fernando, California

● Sacramento, California

● California State University – Fresno

● Riverside, California

● California State University – San Marcos

Leave a comment

Catholic Priest Marco A. Mercado Removed From Duties For Having Inappropriate Relationship With Adult Male

The Chicago Archdiocese has removed a Des Plaines Catholic Priest from the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe over the weekend.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 4, 2015

Des Plaines, Illinois – On Thursday, the rector of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Des Plaines was removed from his duties after allegations that Father Marco A. Mercado was having an alleged romantic relationship with an adult male. Father Mercado has not admitted that he is gay or denied his romantic relationship with the unidentified man, but the Chicago Archdiocese ordered him not to live close to the Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine where he was the rector. Father Adam Sandoval Duran has been named at the new interim rector at the shrine.
The Chicago Archdiocese released the following statement, “On October 1, 2015, Archbishop Blase J. Cupich removed Rev. Marco A. Mercado, Rector of the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Des Plaines from ministry because of Fr. Mercado’s inappropriate relationship with an adult man…Archbishop Cupich has withdrawn Fr. Mercado’s faculties, his authority to minister…Fr. Mercado will reside away from the Shrine, effective immediately.”
In response, Father Mercado released the following statement, “As a human being I am not perfect, but as a priest my priority has always been the work of the Gospel and the struggle for immigrants and the most vulnerable. I pray that this issue is resolved soon, and I ask for your prayers, at the same time that I apologize if this scandal has caused any hardship to the faithful. I pray that Santa Maria de Guadalupe keep us under her mantle.”Father Mercado was also the Director of the Hispanic Ministry at the Chicago Archdiocese. He was personally invited by U.S. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez (D-Chicago) to the House Chamber to hear Pope Francis address the Congress on September 26 and he also met with President Barack H. Obama during the Pope Francis visit in Washington, D.C.

Leave a comment

Recent Mongols MC Federal Case Ruling Stopped Feds From Confiscating Club Patch Logo

The Mongols Motorcycle Club logo ruling sets precedent for all motorcycle clubs, independent riding groups and biker associations to keep their patch club logos and prevent the feds from confiscating their trademarks.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 4, 2015

California – The U.S. Attorney’s Office in California, U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the U.S. Department of Justice and other law enforcement agencies lost their effort to confiscate the Mongols Motorcycle Club logo setting a precedent that the federal government can not confiscate or prohibit members of motorcycle clubs, independent riding groups and biker associations from proudly wearing their club colors in public. The feds argued and attempted to confiscate the motorcycle club (MC logo) colors after alleging that the 700 member Mongols MC was a criminal organization (enterprise) and was subject under the RICO law for forfeiture of its logo to prevent violence. Federal Judge David O. Carter on September 16 ruled otherwise and dismissed a federal indictment seeking to confiscate the Mongols Club logo. The Mongols MC is protected under the Constitution as an entity composed of a group of persons associated for a common purpose and conduct. The feds alleged that the Mongols MC engaged in racketeering and criminal acts as an enterprise, but failed to prove it as required under the RICO Act. Only a few members of the Mongols MC engaged in criminal acts, but were removed by the Mongols Nation membership.

Mongols Motorcycle Club federal case dismissal ruling:

Leave a comment

32-year-old Supect Sought For Tywon Anderson’s Homicide In Kenosha County

A crack cocaine addicted felon is sought in connection with the homicide of a 37-year-old man whose body was found in a cornfield in the Town of Paris.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 3, 2015

Racine, WI – The Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office (KCSO) is seeking information to the whereabouts of Andrew Mario Obregon, 32, of Bristol in connection with the homicide of Tywon Anderson, 37, from the Town of Paris in Wisconsin. Anderson’s body was found on September 26 in a cornfield in Paris. He was reported missing on September 20 by a family member. The KCSO is investigating Anderson’s death as a homicide.
On Friday, the KCSO arrested Susan Marie Obregon, 60, Andrew’s mother for obstructing an officer and aiding a felon in relation to Anderson’s murder investigation.
Both the KCSO and the Racine County Sheriff’s Office reported that deputies had spotted Obregon driving a stolen black 1988 Ford Mustang and eluded the deputies after a high pursued chase in Salem and Brighton in Kenosha County and continued through Union Grove and Racine County.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous and a $1,000 reward is being offered by Crime Stoppers for information leading to Obregon’s arrest.

Update: Crime spree reported, during in the overnight hours of Friday and Saturday, October 3 and 4, Andrew Mario Obregon, 32, has been connected to a smash and grab burglary at the Countryside Gas Station located at CTH C/Wilmot Road and US 45 in Kenosha County. The second reported incident is an armed robbery at the Speedway gas station and convenience store along State Highway 50 and I-94 in Kenosha County.
Obregon is now believed to be driving a stolen full size cargo White van with Illinois plates, according to the Kenosha County Sheriff’s Office.

Leave a comment

Sheriff Hanlin In Douglas County Vowed Not To Identify Chris Harper Mercer, UCC Mass Killer By Name

The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office is prohibited by identifying the Umpqua Community College mass killer by name and asked main stream media to do the same.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 2, 2015

Roseburg, Oregon – On Friday, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin confirmed that his office has been prohibited from identifying the Umpqua Community College (UCC) mass killer by name. Sheriff Hanling won’t even mention Chris Harper Mercer, 26, by name and asked the main stream media to do the same. He will let the Douglas County Coroner to identify Mercer, but Mercer has already been identified by mass media throughout the nation.
Some might say, that Sheriff Hanlin is doing a disservice to the community it serves by not identifying the deceased murder suspect who killed at least 10 people including himself with a self-inflicted wound and wounded 7 at the UCC campus. Hanlin stated, “…We have information that leads us to believe we know who the shooter is. The official ID will come from the medical examiner’s office.
“Let me be very clear: I will not name the shooter. I will not give him credit for this horrific act of cowardice. Media will get the name confirmed in time… but you will never hear us use it.
“We would encourage media and the community to avoid using it, repeating it, or engaging in any glorification and sensationalization of him. He in no way deserves it. Focus your attention on the victims and their families and helping them to recover…”Mercer was a student at UCC and targeted Christians on Thursday. He commited suicide during a confrontation with several Roseburg police officers and an Oregon State trooper, according to the State of Oregon Coroner’s report.

Nine deceased Umpqua Community College victims were identified:

● Lucero Alcaraz, 19,

● Treven Taylor Anspach, 20,

● Rebecka Ann Carnes, 18,

● Quinn Glen Cooper, 18,

● Kim Saltmarsh Dietz, 59,

● Lucas Eibel, 18,

● Jason Dale Johnson, 34,

● Lawrence Levine, 67, (teacher)

● Sarena Dawn Moore, 44.

Leave a comment


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.