Liga Juvenil García Left Out In The Cold By St. Anthony’s H.S. Soccer Indoor Facility Director

St. Anthony’s High School Athletic Director Geittmann decides not to renew contract for the indoor facility use by the Liga Juvenil Garcia soccer league affecting over 1,000 teens.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

October 6, 2015

Milwaukee, WI – On Tuesday, Pablo García from the Liga Juvenil García claims that Brian Geittmann, the St. Anthony’s High School Athletic Director had confirmed on Friday that his contract to use an indoor sports center facility at 4807 S. 2nd St. would not be renewed. According to García, he and three other people had met with Geittmann about three weeks ago and had signed some papers after receiving a two page notice of an agreement for October 2 thru June 2016 and a schedule for the Liga Juvenil García, but Geittmann didn’t provide copies and García has been waiting for those signed copies of an alleged contract. Geittmann had requested for García to pay about $2,500 cash for the initial compliance of the contract and $2,500 per week for using the indoor facility for Sunday, Monday and Wednesdays, according to García.
García told Hispanic News Network U.S.A. (HNNUSA) that his soccer league is the only one that pays by check and that Geittmann gets paid in cash by three other leagues as per his request. Last year, García paid a total of $56,000 for using the St. Anthony H.S. indoor facility for six months and three other leagues paid the same amount totalling at least $224,000.
Geittmann’s two page notice agreement indicates that each soccer league has to pay $40.00 per hour and García on Sunday’s used the facility from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. In Geittmann’s two page agreement to terms for the use of the facility also gave noticed that he can terminate anyone from using the indoor facility “for any reason.”
García says that his league has over 1,000 teens of all ages including males and females that play soccer and their families also attend. So, in any giving game or practice at the facility, he has over 3,000 people in attendance. The other three leagues have between 600 to 700 teens participating as well.
García posted on his league’s Facebook page an obituary saying that the league has come to an end, its finish and more than 1,000 teens are left out in the cold.
José Vásquez, the new President of St. Anthony’s High School and Brian Geittmann, the Athletic Director were contacted for comment, but Vásquez admitted that a two page agreement notice was handed out to the soccer leagues and did not comment whether Geittmann had the signed contract copies that García claims he signed or whether Geittmann had been requesting for the soccer leagues to pay cash for rental fees at the indoor facility.
HNNUSA noticed that the agreement notice by Geittmann indicates that soccer league owners can pay him cash or by a cashier’s check.
St. Anthony High School is the largest Catholic charter school in Southeastern Wisconsin and in the Country for K-12.

St. Anthony’s agreement notice to soccer leagues

Advertisements
  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: