Propane Gas Leak Ignites Fire And Propane Tanks For Forklifts At Acme Galvanizing

Propane gas leak ignited and caused an estimated 25 forklift propane tanks in a rack to explode destroying the maintenance building.

By H. Nelson Goodson
Hispanic News Network U.S.A.

March 16, 2015

Milwaukee, Wisconsin – On Monday, a section of the Acme Galvanizing, Inc. at S. 19 St. and W. Cleveland Ave. around 7:45 a.m. went up in flames after a worker for the Ferrellgas Company from Ashippun experienced a gas leak and a spark ignited a fire. The fire immediately ignited a rack with an estimated 25 propane gas tanks used for forklifts. Each propane tank weights about 100 pounds when full.
Multiple explosions were heard throughout the neighborhood when the propane tanks exploded behind the building where the maintenance department is located.
No workers at Acme Galvanizing were reported hurt, but most workers were evacuated and allowed to wait out the outcome of the fire about a block away. They were allowed to go home around 10:15 a.m.
Acme Galvanizing is the only company that does galvanizing today in the Milwaukee area.

Acme Galvanizing, Inc. fire and propane explosions: https://youtu.be/nUgomUiE6iw

Advertisements
  1. Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: